(Strip Number 133, Original Publication Date, 7 May 1981.)
Panel 1: We see Mike and Lizzie at the kitchen table; they've made a bit of a mess preparing lunch. Going from left to right, we see that
- There are the requisite grimy hand-prints on the wall.
- There's a partially-eaten sandwich on the table.
- Lizzie is sitting ON the table with her hands in the sugar so as to dump it all out.
- The milk and margarine are standing open.
- Mike is putting a huge pile of sugar between two slices of bread.
- The container of flour is on the counter; it should be noted that there's been some spilled out.
- Elly is in her housecoat looking as if she got hit on the head with a two-by-four.
Mike responds to Elly's frozen-faced glare of horror by smiling and asking "Whatsa matter, Mom? You never seen a sugar sandwich?"; this is, of course, because he's still not quite aware that his mother is easily horrified by minor inconveniences.
Summary: As I said, this mess is only going to take five to ten minutes to tidy; also, Mike and Lizzie honestly think that they're being helpful. Not, of course, that the depressed idiot who can't cope with the bizarre stuff kids do will see that; in her mind, they want to DESTROY HER!!!!! because they're EVIL!!!!!. What's more, evil people who give evil advice tell her to do evil things called evilly paying evil attention instead of being a good, decent, responsible parent and ignoring them in the hopes that they'll simply sit on their asses like the grinning little dummies they're supposed to be.