- a love of people rebelling against tyrannical fathers.
- boy-girl pairs of children, one a brunette, the other fair-haired.
- relationships with one of the first opposite-gendered people of the same race a character encounters.
- a lack of interest in blended families.
- the belief that culture shock is a fatal obstacle to romance.
- an over-fondness for tales of plucky immigrants.
There are others that are just as over-used but I think you get the point: one plucky immigrant is good but boatloads of them get to be annoying. My question is which of these is the most annoying.