Friday, 10 November 2023

The one where the kids promise that this time, they mean it when they say Elly won't be given another horrible burden that distracts her from her important work.

Panel 1: Liz asks Elly if they're going to get a living reminder of Elly's negligence, incompetence and stupidity. Elly doesn't want to think about getting one of Sera's puppies. (I mean, I can see her point. She never bothered getting the runt of the any number of litters Ol'Farl must have sired over the years.)

Panel 2: Liz whines that they're cute. Elly reminds her that "I'll take care of it, I promise" turns into "YOU DO IT!!" in about a week tops.

Panel 3: Liz says that it'll be different this time and she means it. Elly wants to shut down the conversation by saying she doesn't want to think about it.

Panel 4: The problem is that it's too late....she's been thinking about it since that stupid joke about paternity suits.

Summary: She eventually does get one for the wrong reason: to give herself something to complain about.