We come to the half-way point of my look at characters who aren't actually suffering anything that isn't their own stupidity with a look at the other 'tragic victim' of 'cruel fate' who only had 'one last chance' at happiness: Lizardbreath. She is not the warm. loving figure Anthony has hypnotized himself into believing her to be. She is a deeply flawed young woman with a combo platter of personal defects:
- Jealousy/Clinginess: Most of her hatred of Therese stems from the fact that Anthony knows a woman who isn't her.
- Passivity: Left to her own devices, Liz drifts through this life like a plastic bag caught in the breeze....but with less purpose.
- Vanity: The nitwit loves flattery more than anything else because she was spoiled by her idiot father....which is why she loves it that a stalker stole an heirloom she had no right to bequeath to him because it means she's 'special.'
- Obliviousness: She hasn't the least idea of how she's perceived and doesn't much like it when people tell her what they think of her. This is accompanied by her not having the least idea of what people might be up to.
- Entitlement: Since she is blind to how blatant peoeple are about greasing the wheels in her favor, she makes hilarious noise about being a take-charge person when the only thing she takes charge of is growling about having a kid sister.
- Hatred Of Accountability: Simpering not to make her feel guilty about doing something really stupid reminds us that just as Mike is always going to be the whiny puke jealous of his kid sister, Liz is always going to be the dumbass howling "I LITTLE!!!!" when told she's big enough to accept the consequences of her actions.
- Shallowness: She's so blind to the reality of who the people around her are that she's more in love with the sensation of being in love than with the person she tells herself she's in love with.
This is why all of the gentleman callers that she's ever 'loved' drift away once her spell is broken; all they see is a pretty face with nothing behind it. She might not be the schemer Therese sees her as but she's not much of a bargain what with the being too stupid to notice the conspiracy working to get her married to Anthony.